European Wasp trap
- Includes safe, non-toxic attractant, which flies and can’t resist.
- Reduces fly problems outdoors.
- Pesticide free.
- Harmless to pets.
The European Wasp is territorial, usually foraging for food in close proximity to its nest. It does not fly high, preferring to scavenge close to the ground. Large numbers generally indicate a nest is nearby, often in retaining walls, disused rubbish, wood piles, palm tree trunks or even underground. Reduce opportunities for wasps to forage on rubbish, pet food and other food sources. The home gardener must continually clear all fruit that has fallen to the ground. The wasps are also attracted to sticky things and water.
Do not aggravate a European Wasp. Unlike the bee, they can sting multiple times.
Do not disturb nests. Contact your local council or a pest control operator.
The kit includes:
- 1 Trap
- 1 Attractant
- 1 Cable tie
How to assemble:
- Remove this label from trap.
- Empty attractant from sachet supplied into trap.
- Add approximately 1/2 cup of water. Swirl trap to help dissolve attractant. It lasts 2-3 weeks. IMPORTANT: Check regularly and maintain water level. Do not allow it to dry out.
- For best results set the trap where it will receive most sunlight, preferably out of the wind.
- Attractant requires an activation period of generally 24 hours before it becomes fully effective. The outside temperature may have some bearing on this time.
- Over time, an odour will develop as trapped insects accumulate. Discard the insects when necessary or at least every 2-3 weeks.
- For best results use only EnviroSafeTM European Wasp Replacement Attractant. To reset the trap, repeat steps 1-4.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
European Wasp information
Always fill trap indoors.
Do not place trap next to wasp nest.
Do not carry out trap maintenance during the day – wait until early morning or late evening.
Ensure all wasps are dead before opening the trap.
Keep out of reach of children.
If stung and victim has difficulties (e.g. with breathing or severe swelling) or a wasp is swallowed, seek immediate medical attention.
The trap can be used as a monitor. If it is catching a lot of wasps, a nest must be in the vicinity. In that case, extra care is required when eating and drinking outdoors, as wasps are renowned for getting inside drink containers and onto food.
NOTE: Not to be used for any purpose or in any manner contrary to this label unless authorised.